What is a crown?
A crown, sometimes called a cap, is a dental restoration commonly used to restore a significantly decayed or otherwise damaged tooth. If a regular dental filling will not be sufficient to repair the tooth, our dentists may recommend a dental crown in Spring, Texas. Crowns are custom made to fit over the entire tooth structure, restoring its shape, size, and strength. While crowns can be made from a number of materials, including gold and porcelain fused to metal, all-porcelain crowns are popular because of their natural-looking appearance. Our dentists can custom match the shade of your porcelain restoration so it will blend in with your natural teeth.
Do I need a crown?
Crowns are very versatile restorations. Dr. Calder and team may suggest this kind of restoration to:
- Strengthen a tooth that is cracked or otherwise weakened
- Restore a seriously damaged or decayed tooth
- Improve the appearance and function of a misshapen tooth
- Cover a dental implant
- Protect a tooth following root canal therapy
- Attach a bridge
- Enhance a seriously stained tooth
- Support a large filling if little tooth structure is left
To discover whether a crown is right for you, we welcome you to call or visit us today at Comfort Dental Excellence!