If you have a sunken or misaligned smile due to a missing tooth or two, dental implants can make your smile shine again. Dental implants are a procedure in which artificial yet realistic teeth are inserted in the gaps left behind from their previous toothy tenants. Not only can filling in the gap prevent the accumulation of plaque and debris from gather in the void, but it can also stabilize your jawline, and prevent neighboring teeth from moving around.
If you have or are considering getting dental implants, Comfort Dental Excellence wants to help. Here are just a few tips to care for your implants:
– Avoid all foods that may be too hard to chew. During the festive season, this includes giant candy canes, peppermint bark, or hard peanut brittle.
– Stop smoking and chewing tobacco. Smoking can cause bone structure weakness, which can lead to your implants failing.
– Brush twice daily and floss once daily. Always make sure to clean all sides of each tooth and behind your last set in the back of your mouth.
– If you have any issues with your oral health, be sure to visit Comfort Dental Excellence for an oral exam. Also, make sure to attend your regularly scheduled appointments.
– Do not chew on inedible items such as pens or pencils.
Dental implants can make your smile whole once more. To set up an appointment with Dr. Kevin Harris, please call Comfort Dental Excellence in Spring, Texas at 281.376.4533. Fill in the empty spaces in your smile with dental implants today!