Are you trying to decide between Invisalign® and clear braces? Well, there are a few things you can consider while you do so. Both of these appliances are very different from one another, and those differences might help you make the best decision for your smile. The differences of each appliance include:
• Invisalign consists of multiple clear, plastic aligners that act similar to a mouth guard and cover your teeth.
• The aligners are virtually invisible.
• As you go through treatment, you will come into our office and replace your aligners regularly. Each aligner will continue to move and change your smile.
• The aligners are removable.
• This treatment is only available to those who have non-serious alignment issues.
• With Invisalign, you are able to eat and drink whatever you would like, and you do not need to change the ways you floss and brush your teeth.
• Clear braces are a tooth-colored appliance that is glued to the front surfaces of your teeth.
• As you go through treatment, you will need to come into our office regularly to get your appliance tightened and adjusted.
• The appliance will blend into your teeth, which will give you a natural look as you transform your smile.
• This treatment is available to those with both serious alignment problems as well as non-serious alignment problems.
• When you have clear braces, you will need to be cautious of the foods and drinks you consume, especially those that can break or stain the appliance.
• The processes of brushing and flossing your teeth will be a little different compared to your traditional brushing and flossing techniques. Once you get your braces, your orthodontist will explain what you need to do and will give you the guidelines you need to be successful.
To learn more about Invisalign and clear braces, call our office now! We are delighted to talk to you about your orthodontic options and what they can do to help you.